If you’re looking for a complete smile, dental implants can help. They’re one of the best ways to replace missing teeth and keep your natural smile looking great for years to come. But how do you choose a great dentist who can get the desired results? And what will it cost? This guide has everything you need to know about dental implants!
Dental Implant Basics
Dental implants are small, metal posts surgically placed into your jawbone. The post acts as an anchor for the replacement tooth. The device can be constructed from titanium or a bio-compatible material like zirconium oxide. Implants can be used to replace single or multiple teeth, improve bite strength and provide support for dentures.
The benefits of dental implants include the following:
- they look natural because they mimic your teeth in size, shape, and color. Unlike dentures, you won’t need to worry about chewing problems or ill-fitting plates moving around while you eat or speak — they stay in place thanks to the implant post.
- they’re long-lasting — studies show that dental implants last longer than natural teeth do! Although some may fail due to severe illnesses (such as cancer), most will continue functioning well into old age without any problems. Dental implants offer many advantages over other types of tooth replacement options, such as dentures, because they don’t get loose when chewed on hard foods like apples or steak; they don’t slip around while speaking.
- each case is different depending on what kind of treatment needs to be done before deciding which type would work best for each patient’s unique situation.
Questions to Ask Your Prospective Dental Implant Specialist
- are you a board-certified dentist?
- did you receive any additional training in dental implants?
- what is your success rate with dental implants?
- what does my follow-up care look like?
What to Expect During a Dental Implant Procedure
Implant surgery is a surgical procedure that will be done in the dentist’s office. Depending on how many implants you need and how long they take to heal, it may take several visits.
The steps of an implant procedure are as follows:
- anesthesia: you will need to receive a local anesthetic or sedation before this step begins.
- removal of any decay along your jawbone, and cleaning up the area where the new tooth or teeth will go.
- placement of an implant post (a titanium screw) into your jawbone using screws, drill holes, and special instruments designed for this purpose.
- grafting tissue from other parts of your mouth onto the empty socket created by removing decay if necessary; helps encourage bone growth around each post, so it stays securely in place during the healing time.
- treatment with antibiotics for several weeks after surgery (if necessary), as well as pain relievers such as ibuprofen or acetaminophen; sometimes, patients experience some discomfort after surgery but rarely have pain requiring medication.
What to Expect After a Dental Implant Procedure
When a dental implant is placed in the jawbone, it takes some time for the bone to grow around it. This process of osseointegration can take anywhere from 4-9 months, depending on your health and other factors. Once this happens, your dentist will connect the implant to a crown used as an anchor for artificial teeth.
The time required for osseointegration can vary significantly from patient to patient; it all depends on how quickly the body heals and reacts to the new material inside them. If you have concerns about how long this process might take, talk with your dentist about them before getting started with treatment!
The Cost of Dental Implants in Costa Rica
The cost of dental implants can vary significantly depending on where you live. For example, a dental implant in the United States costs around $3,000 to $6,000 in the United States; however, in Costa Rica, dental implants can cost 60% less!
If you are considering getting dental implants abroad and looking for an affordable option, Costa Rica should be at the top of your list!
Visit Mario Garita, The Dental Experience for High Quality and Low-Cost Full Mouth Dental Implants
Dental implants have been the gold standard for tooth replacement for decades and can last for years or even decades! Dental implants can restore a single tooth or an entire smile.
Low cost full mouth dental implants are a significant investment in your health and well-being. They’re also typically less expensive than other options like dentures or bridges, which may need replacing over time. This is especially true when you get your implants in Costa Rica.
We hope this article has helped you understand what to look for in a great dentist and the cost of dental implants in Costa Rica. If you’d like more information about dental implant procedures, we invite you to contact us today to discuss booking your next vacation and dental procedure with our team at Mario Garita The Dental Experience.