Six things you need to know about Clear Aligners
Estimated reading time: 1 minute
If you have always wanted straighter teeth but cringe at the idea of getting braces, Clear Aligners could be the perfect treatment for you. Clear aligners is a modern teeth-straightening solution that uses clear trays specifically molded to improve your unique smile. With Clear Aligners, you can achieve a perfectly straight, attractive smile without the unsightly appearance and discomfort of metal braces.
- Clear aligners allow you to brush and floss normally so that you can maintain the best oral health throughout your treatment.
- Clear aligners are made of a smooth, comfortable plastic that greatly improves patient comfort while realigning and repositioning the teeth.
- Clear aligners trays are removed when eating, which means that you can eat whatever foods you desire.
- Clear aligners can straighten teeth and effectively treat overcrowding, gapped teeth, an overbite, an underbite, a crossbite, and an open bite.
- Patients who qualify for Clear Aligners can expect permanently straight teeth and a more attractive smile after their treatment.
- Clear aligners patients report high satisfaction and greater self-confidence about their appearance and smiles.
THE TREATMENT PROCESS
- Once it is determined that you are a good candidate for Clear Aligners then X-rays, pictures, and a 3D scan.
- Custom-made, Clear Aligners trays are given to you to wear for at least 20 to 22 hours every day. You should only remove them to eat, brush, or floss. They will gradually and gently cause your teeth to shift and straighten.
- Every few weeks, you will switch to a new set of alignment trays to advance your Clear Aligners treatment. Checkups every four to six weeks allow Dr. Sands to monitor your progress.
- Once treatment is complete and your beautiful smile has been revealed, retainers may be devised to ensure that your smile retains its newly improved appearance.
Clear aligners treatment for most adults takes approximately six months, though every case is unique.
To maintain your smile after treatment with Clear Aligners be sure to:
- Wear your retainer as instructed
- Brush and floss regularly
- Continue visiting the dentist for regular treatments
- Avoid harmful habits such as biting your nails or using your teeth as tools