Dr Sergio Ortiz, MDS
Dr. Sergio Ortiz, M.Sc. is a Periodontist dedicated to the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of the diseases and conditions affecting your gums. To clarify, periodontal or gum diseases are infections that cause damage to the tissues that cover the teeth.
Dr. Ortiz always tells his patients that the gum diseases that compromise our teeth are gingivitis, the inflammation of the gums, and periodontitis. Most importatly, he adds that periodontitis occurs as the next step of an untreated gingivitis. To treat them, he can use two procedures: firstly a cleaning, and secondly a surgery in case the first one fails to clean them completely.
Dr. Sergio Ortiz, graduated in Dental Surgery from the Universidad Latina de Costa Rica. He also teaches at the University of Costa Rica. Dr. Ortiz has a Master’s Degree in Dental Science from the Universidad Autónoma de Nuevo Leon, México.
Dr. Ortíz, Periodontist competences:
- Master in dental science and specialist in Periodontics. Universidad Autónoma de Nuevo León, México.
- Fellowship in Periodontics. University of Costa Rica.
- Doctor in Dental Surgery. Universidad Latina de Costa Rica.
- Member of the Board of Costa Rican Dental Surgeons.
- Member of the board of costarrican academy of specialists in periodontics. (ACEP)
- Professor of Posgraduate program of prosthodontics. University of Costa Rica
- Professor of fifth year of periodontics. University of Costa Rica