Do I Need a Dental Implant?
Are you constantly dealing with pain or frustration from oral complications such as cracked or missing teeth, often leading you to question, “do I need a dental transplant?” While it’s important to take all factors into consideration before jumping to such conclusion, many oral issues that arise from cracked, chipped, or missing teeth can present further dangers to our health. For this reason, it’s important to be aware of all the warning signs that may indicate that you’re in need of dental implants. But not to worry, this process is surprisingly much more stress-free and efficient than many people believe.
Who Needs Dental Implants?
A common intervention for tooth loss, dental implants consist of an artificial tooth root that is implanted into your jaw bone, creating a permanent structure and foundation. As opposed to other tooth replacement procedures, dental implants replace the root as well, making them a viable option for those dealing with loss of teeth or enamel. Why get dental implants? Because any gap or missing tooth in the mouth presents a number of potential hazards that can impact your oral and overall physical health, and it’s vital to take care of these things as soon as possible.
When To Get Dental Implants
Here are some important warnings and signs to potentially indicate when to get dental implants:
- You Are Missing Natural Teeth –If you are missing one or more of your natural teeth, you may be at an increased risk of oral complications, from shifts in position, to abscesses and enamel decay elsewhere in your mouth. Dental implants allow you to feel comfortable about your smile again, with a prosthetic tooth that looks and feels the part of a natural tooth.
- You Have Cracks, Chips, or Broken Teeth –. Even when our teeth are only slightly damaged, these complications can still arise. While dentists will always recommend saving your natural teeth as long as possible, dental implants become an option when a tooth is no longer repairable, or just not worth the time and money to try to fix.
- You Have or Are Starting to Experience Bone Loss –. When we have missing teeth in our mouths, the jaw bone tissue begins to erode without a root for it to grow from. Since dental implants replace the root as well, the contents of the artificial materials actually bind to our bone tissue, preventing erosion from occuring.
- You Have Poor or Loose-fitting Partials/Dentures – Partials and/or dentures that are poorly fit to our mouths are not only annoying, but they don’t do their job exactly as they’re intended. Implants provide a permanent solution and often relinquishes the need for using dentures in the first place.
- You Have an Infection in Your Tooth – Physical damage like chips and cracks to our teeth structure is sometimes not the only reason to have a tooth replaced. If one of your teeth is infected, it needs to either be treated procedurally, or extracted entirely. Since the latter brings on a missing tooth, you can usually know if you’ll need an implant ahead of time.
Best Dental Implants in Costa Rica
Many individuals who are in need of dental implants have recently looked at dental tourism as a way to have a safe, efficient, and cost-effective procedure. Dr. Maria Garita at the Dental Experience is offering the best and most affordable rates for dental implants, root canals and wisdom teeth, aligners, as well as cleaning, whitening and more. As the leading provider of All on 4 dental tourism, Dr. Garita and team are ready to make your next trip even more successful.
Contact The Dental Experience today for any questions or concerns.