All On 4 ® in Costa Rica
The All-on-4® treatment concept is designed to be a cost-effective, natural-looking solution for patients who are missing all or most of their natural teeth in a row. This restorative solution is ideal for individuals missing a whole row of teeth on their top or bottom jaw. Rather than replacing each one, we can insert four titanium posts into your jaw to serve as anchors for a complete set of teeth. This technique ensures your artificial teeth will remain firmly in place. Over time, the posts will fuse to living bone and create a strong, long-lasting foundation for your realistic-looking, functional tooth replacements.
Replacing your missing teeth with these durable restorations can effectively reconstruct healthy dental form and function with long-lasting results.
The All-on-4 procedure can typically be performed within the span of one day, instantly rejuvenating your smile with natural-looking results. Most patients are able to return to their normal routine the following day.
Why All On 4 ®?
Along with being an efficient and permanent solution to your dental issues, the all-on-4 dental implants procedure prevents future bone loss in the jaw. By preserving the existing bone, you can maintain your facial structure and improve your oral health. Improving your smile can profoundly impact your sense of self and overall confidence.
Unlike dentures, All-on-4 eliminates slippage along the gum line as well as the need for messy pastes or adhesives.
Among the benefits of all-on-4 dental implants are:
- Preservation of existing bone
- Improved oral health
- Improved self-esteem
- Beautiful appearance
All On 4 ® technique types of bars:
When choosing the best material, it comes down to what works best for your individual needs and goals. A few aspects to consider include: your opposite teeth, grinders, your budget, your age, your oral hygiene, the reason for tooth loss.
The key here is to work with a dentist that knows and understands all of these factors and can offer the right recommendation for your needs.
INSIDE TITANIUM BAR
BEFORE & AFTER
The Titanium Bar It is a milled titanium frame with high impact acrylic teeth. This is considered the traditional option and was the first product available.
Advantage of Titanium bars:
- This method is best for people that do not clench or grind their teeth.
- It is the least expensive option and the easiest to fix if necessary.
- It is available in various sizes and shapes.
- And, it has a softer bite than other products, which creates a natural feel.
Downside of Titanium bars:
- It does not have the aesthetics of other products.
- They tend not to last as long either.
- They can wear down and require a bit of maintenance over their lifetime.
MONOLITHIC ZIRCONIA BAR
INSIDE ZIRCONIA BAR
BEFORE & AFTER
The Monolithic Zirconia bar is a very strong and durable option that is less likely to become damaged.
Advantage of Zirconia bars:
- It is a highly biocompatible material,
- Helps facilitate better hygiene because plaque does not adhere to zirconia to the same degree as other materials.
- This means that the zirconia will not absorb the mouth fluids, resulting in a more hygienic, fresher smelling restoration.
Downside Zirconia bars:
- They are more expensive (ask for Mario Garita MP Dental Implants prices. It’s a FREE QUOTE )
- Hard to repair if they do break.
- Some people do not like the sound that occurs when biting down.
What to expect following All-On-4 Dental Implant Surgery
- Your All-on-4 dental implant surgery will require multiple days of rest and recovery.
- We recommend staying at home for the first three days following your operation to aid in the healing process.
- If you opt for anesthesia, you can expect slight lightheadedness and nausea in the immediate aftermath of surgery.
- As you recover, refrain from probing or pulling at the surgery site.
- We may recommend or prescribe medication to help you deal with the discomfort.
- We also suggest applying an ice pack to the area in 15-minute intervals for the first day to minimize swelling.
- A warm washcloth will help keep swelling down during the following days.
- You can also expedite the recovery process by refraining from physical activity for the first week following surgery.
- Continue to practice proper oral health routines to keep your mouth clean, but do not use the waterpik for the first four weeks post-op.
What you can eat following All-On-4 Dental Implant Surgery
- You should remain on a soft diet for the first three months following surgery. Such a diet allows time for the implants to integrate with your mouth.
- If you chew hard or crunchy foods, you may damage your implants and cause your gums and jaw pain. This could necessitate another round of surgery to repair the issue.
- Foods you can enjoy include the following:
- Apple sauce,
- Broiled fish,
- Cooked fruits,
- Ice cream,
- Pasta and rice,
- Mashed potatoes,
- Pancakes, muffins, waffles, and soft loaf bread,
- Protein shakes,
- Pudding and yogurt,
- Roasted or stewed chicken,
- Scrambled eggs,
- Soft vegetables,
- Soups with small soft ingredients,
Whether you are struggling with a severe dental issue that is impacting your day-to-day or you are missing a significant number of teeth and need a way to restore your smile, we can help.