AREAS THAT WILL BE KEY IN COSTA RICA’S WELLNESS TOURISM STRATEGY
- Those places of Costa Rica with thermal waters are ideal for tourism wellnes.
- The Costa Rican Tourism Institute (ICT by its initial in spanish) wants to develop an offer that also benefits the Costa Rican communities.
Nicoya is a beautiful place, it is the ideal place to take it as a holiday resort: only 50,000 inhabitants, a delicious climate and the highest life expectancy or longevity rate in the entire Central American region. Most probably the secret of a long life is in its roads, its beaches, its people, or its food.
In 2017, the ICT exhibited its Wellness strategy for Costa Rica, through which it seeks to reactivate Nicoya as one of the seven tourist areas with wellness characteristics.
Nicoya is classified as a “blue zone“. Why? may be because of its beaches and vegetation, its national parks and wild refuges, the peace and calm life, and the deliciuos food.
But which are the thematical areas why Nicoya or any of the other zones, according to the ICT, will develop the wellness in Costa Rica?:
- Conventions and
It’s understood that nature and adventure will be the arrowhead to the world and their positioning in these areas is key to enhance the thematical of conventions and wellness. The goal is to keep Costa Rica in the first places as a destination for nature and adventure, and then, from there, take center stage in the areas of meeting tourism and wellness.
Although the great goal of Costa Rica is to merge the idea of meeting tourism with the new National Convention Center (it is important to note that throughout the country there are many other places that provide facilities for this type of meetings).
FOR WELLNESS TOURISM, THE SELECTED ZONES AND THE REASONS FOR EACH TO STAND OUT IN THAT THEMATICAL ARE:
- Nicoya: Relaxation, culture, blue zone of longevity, gastronomy.
- Nosara: Yoga, meditation, retreats, culture, gastronomy.
- Santa Teresa: Yoga, gastronomy, sports activities.
- La Fortuna: Hot springs, spas, gastronomy, earthing, forest bathing, culture, observation of stars.
- Orosí / Ujarrás: Outdoor activities, sports, rest, gastronomy, earthing, forest bathing, culture, visit to ancient places.
- Caribbean: Yoga, meditation, bird watching, culture, contact with indigenous territories, medicinal plants.
- South Pacific: Spas, yoga, rest, gastronomy, earthing, forest bathing, contact with indigenous territories and medicinal plants.
Sure the communities of each of these areas will take advantage of these opportunities to offer complementary trade to each of the branches and areas that will stand out in their zone.