Convenient and nearly invisible, Clear Aligners are experiencing a growing trend for adults who want to avoid traditional braces. You may know clear orthodontic aligners by different names. They are commonly referred to as invisible aligners and use a clear plastic or acrylic mold that conforms to your bite.
Clear Aligners are …
- Usually for patients who have mild to moderate crowding or who have relatively minor spacing problems. More severe cases, including under, over, or crossbites, are more likely to need more complex treatment.
- Custom-built for a tight fit. It is perfect for adults and teens who only need small adjustments.
- Made from your bite mold and require adjustment every two weeks to realign your smile. Children’s mouths have finished growing. It means Clear Aligners are probably not the best solution to straightening a child’s teeth.
- Except for eating, you’ll wear your aligners 22 – 23 hours a day. After eating, simply brush and floss your teeth and replace the aligner. Even if you’re lax about your dental hygiene.
Clear Aligners are better for preventing the development of tooth decay or gum disease.Dr. Mario Garita
Time, look and Costa Rica
The length of treatment depends on the amount your teeth need to be moved or rotated. Mild bite problems take less time than more significant tooth spacing and orientation issues. Typically, an adult who had braces as a child and has experienced tooth shift over time will need less time than one who has not.
Sometimes, treatment is as little as 10 weeks.
Clear Aligners have significant cosmetic advantages over traditional braces: you avoid the unsightly and sometimes painful brackets, connecting wires, and rubber bands.
Other benefits are:
- The aligners are practically undetectable—no need to hide your smile!
- Minimize potential tooth and gum disease that may be caused by less than optimum dental hygiene
Dr. Garita’s proprietary Clear Aligner is also likely to be less expensive than similar products in the U.S. and Canada. Even with airfare and accommodation costs factored in. The cost of dentistry—especially cosmetic dentistry and orthodontics—is about half what you can expect to pay at home. Also, since you’re already in Costa Rica for treatment, you can enjoy the many tours and other activities that San José and the rest of the country have to offer.